Friday, May 4, 2012

I'm Pregnant!!

Wow! Pretty much the only word that came to mind for about 24 hours. I woke up Thursday, May 3 thinking that I needed to take a pregnancy test just to make sure I wasn't pregnant. See, for those who don't know, I was scheduled to have surgery on Tuesday, May 8. While my husband and I were not "trying" we weren't "not trying" at the same time. Since my surgery was scheduled so soon, I felt that I would just make sure. I took the at home pregnancy test in the morning as soon as I woke up. After about a minute I looked at it again and only saw one line, not pregnant. I went through most of my day without looking at it again, big mistake. Around 12:30pm I went back to my bedroom to take a shower and checked it again, more to throw it away than anything. To my surprise, there were two lines!! I was pregnant. I know most people do this, and doctors say you really don't need to bother, but I went as quickly as possible to the nearest store about bought 2 more box's of pregnancy tests. When I got home I took 3 more. After three minutes, they all told me what I already knew, all positive. I immediately called my OBGYN and got an appointment for the same day to get the blood test. I needed to know right away if I was really pregnant so I could cancel my surgery. Within 10 minutes I was there and the blood test was done. After talking to the nurse, I had a short list of things I needed to do. On the top of that list, tell my husband..

Since I had a few other things I needed to get, (prenatal vitamins, water bottles, etc.) I went to the nearest Target. I got the few things that the nurse told me to get and headed to the infant section. Everything was so little!! I ended up getting a new born onezie with a little dog face on the butt (so cute!) and says "I Love Daddy" on the front. My husbands birthday was the next week, May 10, so I figured I would just give him an early birthday present. His reaction was probably the best and I laughed about it for hours, still am. Best description, deer in the head lights. Ready or not, here we go!

No comments:

Post a Comment