Friday, May 18, 2012

6 Weeks


Well, 1/2 way through the first trimester. YAY!! Seeing as everyone says this is the worst trimester, I can not wait to get it over with. Finally had my last blood test on Monday and my hCG levels came back at 1200! Which means two things, little babe is still hunkered in there and growing like crazy & I finally got to schedule my first prenatal apt with a doctor and the first ultrasound! Can't freakin wait!!! The office wanted to wait a couple more weeks so hopefully we can see the heartbeat and it wiggling away in there. May 31st is when I go in to see my little tyke. I still am in shock about this whole thing. Esp that my little one is already the size of a sweet pea! Baby is growing so fast! Otherwise, this week has not been so fun on the pregnancy front..

Sore Boobs: Holy Crap! Had to start sleeping in a sports bra. That helps a lot. They have also grown huge, thanks parents for pointing that out to me.
Morning Sickness: Waves of sickness are now hitting me. Still being in the car sucks. I must look hilarious driving down the road gagging every few minutes. 
Frequent Urination: I think I'm getting used to this point, or I just don't notice it anymore. I read something that you should try to not drink 20oz in the last 2 hours before going to bed. Wow this helped with the night trips to the bathroom. I'm only having to make 1 now!
Headaches: Still not bad. Just little ones here and there.
Tiredness: This is the worst. Slept 9 hrs last night and still wanted to sleep more. Saw something that said when your pregnant you're working more than if you were to climb a mountain. And boy do I feel that way!
Bloating: I have the funniest little bulge that comes out at the end of the day. So much so that I have to unbutton my pants. Hubs finds this just absolutely hilarious.

Cravings: Fruit, fruit, fruit. I swear I'm going to start turning red and sprouting seeds with the amount of strawberries I've eaten in the last few weeks.
Aversions: Ketchup, french fries, and pickles

THIS WEEK I'M:
Looking forward to: Going away for the weekend with some great friends we haven't seen since the wedding. (Have to find some non-alcoholic drinks to indulge in!)
Not looking forward to: The waves of nausea from being in the car. Blah.

No comments:

Post a Comment