Friday, June 1, 2012

8 Weeks

We had the first ultrasound this week and words can not describe the emotions that overwhelm your body when you see your baby's little heart beating for the first time. I was in so much shock I could hardly breath. Little babe is perfect. 2 arm buds and 2 leg buds. It even still has its little tale. So cute!! The heart beat was 147 and super strong. (All the old wives tales would say Girl!) Though we won't see little G again till 20 weeks, that little preview was amazing. At the prenatal visit, everything looks great. I was exactly 8 weeks and right on track. She gave me a few things to start doing that I wasn't already. Otherwise, I'm doing beautifully. Other than all those horrible first trimester symptoms:
Sore Boobs: This week I need to go and get new bra's. Mine don't fit anymore. I can't wait for them to stop hurting all the time!!!
Morning Sickness: UGH!! So bad. I refuse to take anything for it. Women have been doing this forever. I can do it for a few more weeks. Nighttime is the worst for me. I honestly don't know how I eat dinner every night. Gingerale & ginger tea have become my staple.
Frequent Urination: Dr. told me I was drinking too much water. Didn't know that was possible. Hopefully with cutting down on my intake it will limit my potty breaks. I have started the 4:30 am bathroom break again. Not so fun seeing as hubs alarm goes off right around then.
Headaches: Here and there. Nothing that lasts for too long.
Tiredness: I have given in to what my body wants and stay in bed till around 11. Once hubs goes to work I usually go back to sleep for a few hours. Then just lounge. Seems like I don't get so tired so early anymore.
Bloating: Unfortunately, I thought I had gained a few pounds, BUT I LOST! :-( I am definitely "bloated" though. Doug even notices my little pouch now.

Cravings: Smoothies, smoothies, smoothies. Started making super healthy ones with stuff I don't normally eat (spinach etc.) to try and get those nutrients in me. I have at least 1 a day. Yumm.
Aversions: Ketchup, Mexican, anything really vinegar based. Haven't tried bacon this week. Hope that's gone.

THIS WEEK I'M:
Looking forward to: Seeing my extended family this weekend & telling more people about our little tyke.
Not looking forward to: Continued horrible first trimester symptoms. It's getting old.


No comments:

Post a Comment